Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Watch that Swatch!

I did it! I finished my first swatch for my first garment! And you thought that I'd given up knitting for good. Harumph.

I've decided to go relatively easy on myself with this lovely "Honeymoon Cami" from knitty.com. If you've never been to that site, it boasts an extensive list of FREE patterns that are actually wearable...as opposed to some of the other "free" sites that make you think, "yeah, free of any kind of style or aesthetic sensibility." Visit them often, keep them up and running, because we love them.

Here's the swatch. It's GREEN! We LOVE GREEN! (I should never have watched that mini-series on Queen Elizabeth I. The royal "we" is addicting).



But wait! I'm sure that the eJ will have her swatch up for her... garment soon. I won't give away any secrets, but she is going to demonstrate her true astoundingness in the very near future. And if you haven't visited Anita's little abode and checked out her "KPS Tee," you need to get on over there. She's a role model for all of us.

And Mel? Man, that woman has some prettiness going on with her Prairie Tunic. Mosey on over there, friends, and watch her saga unfold. Or, at least, unfurl.

For those of you who visit my site for fierce and fiery rants and diamond-edged humor, and are taken aback at the knittable gushing, read the previous posts and fear not: I'll keep the silliness coming.

In fact, here's an oddment for today.



Last week, while Jenna and Darren (a.k.a., "The Killer Grems") were at my place watching TV with me, MythBusters was on, and I, in a state of somnolescent frenzy, fell sound asleep. Now that's a hostess for you. Jenna snapped this while I snoozed on the (in)famous couch. Yes, I really am asleep here, and No, this is not the first time I have fallen asleep on the couch sitting straight up. Remember this? Yeah, well, now there are witnesses. Gotta quit that nonsense!

Speaking of nonsense, a bit of, um, "poetry" for you:

The sun is shining, the sky is blue,
Nature's calling out to you,
Spring is here, but moving fast
So get outside and have a blast!
Or else I'll hunt you down and say,
"Why in the world aren't you outside, enjoying the afternoon! Do I have to come over there?! You do not wanna make me come over there!"

Happy Wednesday, ya'll.

3 comments:

LotusKnits said...

I'm so proud, I'm almost in tears! Look at your adorable little swatch! And with a seed stitch border!?! *sniff* Save it for posterity, I beg of you.

And let me know if you need pattern help on the Cami. It can be a royal bitch (go Queen E!) at times.

:D

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE KNITTING.

JEFF

scøüpe said...

sorry, i have nothing interesting to say about the knitting. not that it's not impressive, i just have no clue what any of those terms mean. but good job anyway and congratulations! yippee!