Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Potato

Slept on the couch last night. Again. I wish I could make the argument that my couch is so comfortable that the cushions are like sweet, soft clouds that lend themselves to somnolescence…but I can’t. In fact, my sofa is remarkably uncomfortable (not to mention unattractive), with flat, stiff cushions and ugly, scratchy fabric.

Why then, drift off into the land of dreams from such a graceless port?

Because I was far too lazy to walk all the way (all three steps) to my bedroom, put the clean bedclothes on the bed, set my alarms (all four of them), tidy up the mess, and re-situate myself in a new sleepy state, since I was already nodding off in the living room.

Wow. That sounds a bit pathetic, all out there like that. Perhaps this new sheepish feeling will lead to a reduction in the number of sofa-sleeping incidents.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Karen! So fun to see you at Jenna&Darren's party last week! So fun you have a blog! Next time I'm in Athens, we MUST get coffee and talk about Tolkien for a longlong time...