Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Racy Lace

Yesterday was a big day for the knitting, as Anita taught me, with great patience and wit, how to read a pattern diagram, to SSk (super-sonic knit!), and to YO. I started a swatch, CO-36, of the yarn I want to use for this gorgeous "Yoga Wrap". Even though the pattern calls for bulky, Anita and I decided to go with a worsted-weight green Alpaca blend...oooh so yummy...

It means changing the pattern, obviously, but since it is essentially just a great big rectangle with sleeves, the alterations should be fairly straightforward. Or so Anita says - I hope she's not just comforting the newbie!

As soon as I remember, I'll stick a pic of the yarn on here. I haven't completely decided that the green will look good as a large sweater-type-object, so I'm taking advice and comments. I'll also post a shot of the swatch.

Good times will be had by all!

6 comments:

jmg said...

yeah, so, like it or not, i'm totally joining in on this project. must make that wrap. it is awesome!!!

so...who wants to go to the yarn store with me? ;)

Anita said...

The swatch is looking pretty sweet! I'm at the yarn shop tomorrow from 5-6 before my class if you want to come by!

starbuck said...

looks like you're up to 98 hits on your profile. not a bad week, eh?

scøüpe said...

ha ha. year of the sheep. baaa.

karen-the-great said...

i bet ewe think ewe're funny. sheep are noble creatures...and are nature's cutest lawnmowers.

karen-the-great said...

i should really read article links more closely. dreadful man. anyway, here's a cute picture of sheep that are still with us!