Tuesday, March 21, 2006

¡Lloro! ¡Lloro!

Not really... although I did drop two stitches in my yoga-wrap swatch and can't seem to find them anywhere. Did you take them?

Also...still waiting on the NY pics. I should be getting a digital camera for my birthday (please note the final entry)

What do I want for my birthday, you ask? Nothing, really. I'd like to hang out with my friends this weekend, and since most of us are poor students or young (read:poor) professionals, I hope that none of you actually think I'm seriously asking for any of these things - except for my brother, because he works so much - too much!! - overtime that he's became a good old Texas aristocrat.

But in the spirit of openness and soul-bearing-ness that blogging so insistently engenders, here's my current "Dream, dream, dream" list:

~~First, the reasonable – sort of. For my rich friends, anyway~~

~~And now, the dreamable.~~


~~and, finally...~~

  • Maple Leaf forever!(We can only hope they’re kidding).


    So, this is what I do when I'm bored. I'd write poetry, but the muse isn't singing to me today.

    But! It's cloudy, and rainy, and icky. Or so you might think, unless you are know this lovely little piece. Sure, it's about April, but it's still wonderful:

    April Rain Song

    Let the rain kiss you
    Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops
    Let the rain sing you a lullaby
    The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk
    The rain makes running pools in the gutter
    The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night
    And I love the rain.
    ~Langston Hughes


    And then, of course, there's the unmistakable poet of our childhood:


    Rain

    I opened my eyes
    And looked up at the rain,
    And it dripped in my head
    And flowed into my brain,
    And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
    Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

    I step very softly,
    I walk very slow,
    I can't do a handstand--
    I might overflow,
    So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
    I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
    ~Shel Silverstein

Okay. The End. Happy Tuesday!!

4 comments:

Anita said...

I'm so not going to Chicago now...call me!

jmg said...

so many things to say to this post! will number when i'm done.

1. how cool at you share a birthday with joseph campbell. it's a birthday of mythic proportions.

2. can't believe there's that much toaster art, but somehow it makes me happy. especially the mosaic ones!

3. sadly, couldn't open the pic of dear orlando, but i'm ure it was great. was this what you were fighting with?

4. thanks for the poems. who knows? maybe THEY made the rain go away!

5. yes, your birthday is sunday, but you fail to mention explicitly that it's already your birthday WEEK! i'm taking you to taco stand at some point :)

so...five. Hi Karen, this is Jenna. I have five things to tell you. etc. etc. etc.

Rebecca said...

The Birthday WEEK is what it's all about. Happy birthday week, Karen! I hope it is fantastic and memorable!

karen-the-great said...

Fixed 'im all up, Ejjnana. Take a look at your pretty, pretty, man.