Monday, June 26, 2006

Welcome home, Melanie and Nate

I'll post more about the grand return of the Childers later, but I wanted my readers to see the kind of parties we throw 'round about these parts.

Thanks to Reuben Bennett for reminding us that it's waaay more fun to make carbonated beverages explode than it is to drink ourselves into oblivion. Hurray to the little kid in all of us!

    Experiment Requirements:
  • 1 2-Liter of Diet Coke
  • 4 Mentos (the Freshmaker!)
  • a group of people that like to watch things go "kablooie!"

It's just that easy, kids! Please, try this at home!

And be sure to thank the amazing Brooke Hatfield for her photographic amazingness. Not to mention her astounding fashion sense. (girl knows how to kick it!)

4 comments:

Anita said...

Sigh. I always miss the great parties!

I did, however, turn in a v. rough chapter of my diss today, and for that, I'm grateful.

jmg said...

wow. i really enjoyed thos epics. thanks! wish i coulda seen it firsthand!

scøüpe said...

i have to say that i've never tried that but i think i might have to give it a shot at my next shindig.

scøüpe said...

yeah right. who am i kidding? i've never thrown a shindig in my life. maybe i'll just try it at the next wedding i attend. or funeral. whichever comes first...